- Doors And Windows

What to do if you need a replacement FENSA certificate

If you have had your windows replaced since 2002 by a company that is FENSA registered, you should have a certificate that was issued to you at the time the work was carried out. This probably seems to be of little importance until you come to put your home on the market, but if you cannot find your FENSA certificate when your buyer’s solicitor requests it, it could cause the sale to be delayed.

What is FENSA?

FENSA is a Competent Person Scheme (CPS) that was established in April 2002 in response to the Building Regulations that apply to double glazing companies in England and Wales. FENSA is the longest established and largest of these Competent Person Schemes in the replacement door and window industry. FENSA members are able to self certify that their installations comply with Building Regulations and therefore separate assessments by Building Control are not needed.

According to the FENSA website, the organisation works with thousands of installers throughout England and Wales.

How to obtain a replacement FENSA certificate

If your glazing company was a FENSA member, they will have registered the installation on the website and you should be able to find the details and ordering a replacement certificate is quite straightforward. Simply entering your postcode and house name or number should bring the information details up and you can pay the £20 fee online.

Importance of choosing competent installers

When you are considering replacement windows Dublin has competent installers. Always opt for a company such as https://www.keanewindows.ie/windows-dublin/ and check whether they belong to a Competent Person Scheme so that if and when you decide to move house you will be able to obtain a certificate proving that the installation was carried out in compliance with the relevant regulations.

Installers are unable to supply the certificate themselves; it will be necessary to contact the issuer for this. When you have the certificate you should pass it on to the new owner of the property. They should keep the certificate in case they need to produce it when they, in turn, sell the house.

If you use a company that does not belong to a Competent Person Scheme, or decide to install replacement glazing yourself, you may encounter problems when it comes to the sale of the property.

About WebEditor

Read All Posts By WebEditor